Consultant and Coach in Project Management, with 25 years experience in ICT, banking, retail and Construction industries, for Government and Private sectors. Improved project management practices in organizations and companies to follow global methodologies and latest technologies with exact fit to their business.
Senior Project Manager with more than 20 years of experience in IT and contracting industries. An exceptional leader, talented at multi-tasking and coaching. Expert in aligning project outcomes with business strategy. Action-oriented with high ability to communicate effectively with technology, executive, and business audiences. Motivated Project Manager and expert in assessing client needs.
Built and managed project management offices “PMOs” in different sectors, and led project managers to success as Al-Tamimi has long experience to keep projects on Scope, Schedule and Budget, and aligned with strategic objectives.
Built project management maturity in different organizations and developed PMOs to support business transformation programs efficiently.
Has good experience in Managing IT services, and contributed with business transformation team in different companies, to change business strategy of services from cost center to profitable centers.
Developed 360 Edu training and coaching program, using different methods of learning, including self study of books, interactive classrooms, online videos, business cases and exam simulators. Worked as a freelance project management instructor for different regional and global training centers and institutes.
Founder and executive for P3 Experts Ltd, a Canadian company which provides project, program and portfolio consultation and transfer of knowledge locally and overseas.
Al-Tamimi has a mission to deliver cutting-edge project management knowledge and practices to organizations and individuals that are not normally targeted. These target groups may include small organizations, students, and people with disabilities. This will be done by developing affordable total solutions, compliant with international standards and global best practices and fit with these targets’ specific needs and way of use.
The following are examples of projects I have successfully managed and accomplished:
- In 2005, I resolved major problems in different projects for MALAZ Tech company, with a total budget around $30 million, by managing conflict between key stakeholders.
- In 2007, I managed a major WAN/LAN Network Infrastructure program successfully, with a $6.5 million budget for Saudi Telecommunication, a leading telecom company in the Middle East. This program comprised of around 15 projects. Seven project managers reported directly to me to review plans, follow up on progress, oversee costs, manage stakeholder engagement, and resolve issues. This program ended with high client satisfaction and an extended phase that doubled the budget.
- In 2007, I managed and resolved a serious schedule issue in a critical project, for Riyadh Bank, by changing the activities’ sequence, relations techniques and responsibilities, to reduce implementation time from 45 days to 15 days. This project ended successfully with a high customer satisfaction and awarding of project second phase.
- In 2011-12, I managed different projects to build T-II or T-III Data Centers for different clients in Saudi Arabia such as the Technology Control Company, Ministry of Municipality, Northern Borders University, with a total budget around $40 million. These projects became references in their industries.
- Between 2011-16, I developed and successfully led project management offices for a series of medium and large business. This improved their capabilities in managing and controlling projects, which enhanced client satisfaction and contributed to significant business growth.
- I was a project management consultant for Almutlaq Holding, a leading retail company, through their transformation management. This project has been one of the biggest successes of my career. I coached and successfully led 45 project managers over a period of seven months, and helped improve their project management skills. I also managed more than 13 projects in planning and executing phases, as part of the company’s organizational transformation program in 2015/2016.
- In 2016, I evaluated the Services for Syrian Refugees Program for the Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre. I delivered a comprehensive report covering different program aspects and performance criteria.
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Yarmouk University 1990-1995
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), No.: 482731.
- Scrum Master Certificate (SMC), No.: 81923.
- Scrum Developer Certificate (SDC), No.: 81851.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 Foundation Certificate, No.: 00112940.
- Project Management Office Consultant (PMOC), Certified Consultant from All PMO Network Institute.